Nursery and Reception Curriculum
We have a spacious three area setting incorporating 2 indoor spaces and 1 outdoor learning zone. At times the children will work in two separate Key Groups (Pre-Nursery and Nursery) for focused group time which will develop their concentration, focus, speaking, listening, phonics and learning linked to all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. At all other times the children will free flow across the 3 areas in Nursery, learning through play by accessing exciting and purposeful activities. Alongside this, teaching staff will set up guided learning opportunities which will be personalised to ensure every child succeeds but also has an appropriate level of challenge.
The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum is split into 7 Areas of Learning:
· Communication and Language- Listening Attention and Understanding, Speaking
· Personal, Social and Emotional Development-Self-Regulation, Managing Self, Building Relationships
· Physical Development-Gross Motor and Fine Motor Skills
· Literacy-Comprehension, Word Reading, Writing
· Maths-Number, Numerical Patterns
· Understanding the World-Past and Present, People, Culture and Communities, The Natural World
· Expressive Arts and Design-Creating with Materials, Being Imaginative and Expressive
and taught through the Characteristics of Effective Learning:
· Playing and Exploring
· Active Learning
· Creating and Thinking Critically
All learning is taught through half-termly topics by a team of passionate and dedicated staff. The Nursery Manager is a Qualified Teacher who oversees the excellent provision but is also an integral part of the daily teaching and learning in Nursery. She is ably supported by well qualified and experienced Key Workers each with Level 3 or higher in Child Development. This enables us to offer a first-class education to the youngest children in our school.